Sunday, June 5, 2011

Déjà vu

It is the end of another school year. Everyone is packing, hugging, and saying their goodbyes. I can not believe this incredible journey is drawing to a close.


Today, I had my End of the Year Peer Mentor Party. We went to Newport. At first, I was sad and tired, but then we went to the beach and there is nothing like Oregon waters to wake you up. We played capture the flag, and even though I hate games and running, I joined in and had so much fun! I'm going to miss everyone so much. My heart is literally breaking at the idea of not being with that same group of people again. I've grown to love and appreciate every single one of them. I wish we had at least 500 more days to spend together.


My Peer Mentor journey has been so life changing. I've learned to enjoy things and really live in the moment. You can't expect things to get better or worse; you have to love the moment you're living. More than anything, I've learned to trust myself and a group of strangers. The world isn't such a bad place if you have a little family to hold you together. I am blessed, so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment