Monday, June 6, 2011

This Place

What was it that made me change? 
I'm not really sure
It happened so fast, 
one moment I was this shell of a person
I was scared, all the time
I was frozen
I couldn't move forward but the world was coming at me fast
I was living a life full of reactions
It was easy, so easy to be with you
you pulled me along for the ride. 
You told me what to do
and I did it.
it was easy.
but then one day
my life clicked into place
finally, 
I wasn't scared anymore
because I've come to realize that I am human
and people like me
and I am kind 
and I am brave
and within me there's this fire that's been waiting
to be let free into the world 
I'm ready
I'm finally ready to be whole and so completely me
and that's enough 
and that's good enough
and I am good enough 
to be free

No comments:

Post a Comment